THE SWISS ARMY KNIFE OF CAPOS
In the summer of 2004, two musician friends in Woodstock, NY had a “what if “ conversation. Jazz guitarist, Peter Einhorn, and classical guitarist, Frederic Hand, wondered, "What if it were possible to capo each string of the guitar individually? What if you could play in hundreds of different open string tunings? Imagine the extraordinary creative possibilities!"
The result of Peter and Fred’s conversation was a journey that led them to the formation of Creative Tunings Inc. and the creation of the Spider Capo.
Spider Capo Standard
The capo for beginners and geniuses alike. This universal partial capo lets you capo each string individually.
For Acoustic, Electric, Classical-all makes & models. Capo all 6 strings like a regular capo with fine tuning per string!
- Fits all guitar fingerboards
- Unlimited application for all styles of music
- An invaluable creative tool for singer/songwriters
- Weighs less than an ounce
- Change tunings without detuning the guitar
- Change tunings while playing, during live performance
- Finger above and below the capo
- Play all the bar chords and riffs you already know
- Play unlimited new chords, not possible with standard tuning
- Play melodies with open string accompaniment
- Explore new tunings, keys, harmonies, and textures
Spider Capo Mini
The Mini SpiderCapo is for narrow necked instruments. These include, but are not limited to: Banjo, Ukelele, Mandolin and Bouzuki.
Users report that because the SpiderCapo clamps over the fingerboard, and not behind, it can also be used on the Mountian Dulcimer.
The purpose of the Mini “Spider” is to Capo each string individually making possible hundreds of tunings without de-tuning your instrument.
As banjo players in particular like to tune in different ways to start with, SpiderCapo will multiply each tuning by the same factor making hundreds and hundreds of tunings available!
- Fingerboard Widths: 29-51mm (1,1/8 – 2 inches)
Spider Capo XXL
he XXL SpiderCapo is for wider necked instruments. Instruments include, but are not limited to, 5 & 6 String Electric Bass, full length Concert Classical Guitar, 7 & 8 String & exotic Guitars.
- Includes 8 Fingers for up to 8 Strings
- Fingerboard Width: 46-68mm (1,9/16 – 2,11/16 inch)
Note: the packaging erroneously states a maximum of only 2 inches